Thursday, October 27, 2011

reality becomes a story and the mystery becomes reality


All of the mystery and suspense had all come down to one chapter. This chapter would be the answer to all of my questions thus far. Before I read Bjerkely I was super excited to finally unfold the mystery of Sophie’s World. Though as I started to read it, and began to comprehend what the mystery was I was kind of disappointed. I was kind of hoping that it was more complicated than it really was. Sophie has really evolved as a person, and I have felt many connections with her/her character. Because of the connections I felt with her as a character, I am sad to now know that she isn’t real. My hypothesis on the mystery of the book was much more complicated.
             I hypothesized that Sophie was the real one and Hilde was more like a character. Though as we found out in this chapter, it is the exact opposite. The fact that Hilde is still so foreign to the reader makes me wonder how the author will develop her character enough, in order for the audience to accept her as the new main character. I’m also very curious about how us now knowing the secret will play out within the book. For me, because we know that the first half of the book was pretty much fake, makes me feel like it was kind of pointless because Hildes father was just telling and setting up a fake story for his daughter. Finally, we are only half way through the book, what other mysteries have Hilde and Sophie been hiding from us?

No comments:

Post a Comment