Friday, November 18, 2011

Final Connection

Learning about Freud in class was really fun to me. I took psychology last year. I learned about the five steps from Mrs. McCutcheon. Aside from her funny dance, I was really interested in the things that he said. I tried to connect his findings to my own life and to others around me, and it turns out, in many of my own cases that I have experimented with, things work out like he said. For example, my mom never weined me off of my pacifier. All she did, was one day just take it away (she hid them in the highest cabinet in the house, I found out years later). Becasue of this, according to Freud, the child would then have a oral fixation complex. This hypothesis is completely true for me. I chewed on and bit my nails for the longest time, in fact I have just gotten over it in the past three years. Also whenever I am presented with a problem I have to weigh pros and cons and do a lot of deciding to determine what is  the right thing to do, this is an example of the struggle between my Id, Ego and Superego. It is weird to think that even though it is said that Freud's hypothesess cannot be trusted, in many of my cases that I have tested, they are ver true.

No comments:

Post a Comment