Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Reflection #... o I don't even know

              It has come to the point in the story in which the author really wants the reader to figure out what is happening. The author of the entire book, Jostein Gaarder is done giving us clues. I think he has decided that it is now up to Albert Knag to tell us what we need to know. Though considering that he is having trouble giving his own daughter, and therefore Sophie and Alberto information I doubt us as readers will get too much in the way of insider secrets. I think at this point, when Alberto talks about doing things while Albert is focusing on Sophie is all written in the book. I don’t think that they (Sophie and Alberto) have any such kind of free will, as this point at least. I believe all of this skepticism and questions were all thought up by Hilde’s father in Lebanon, and put in her birthday book to kind of test Hilde in a way. Maybe her father wants to see what she will do confronted with this kind of ethical and more or less moral decision. I think her father is a very clever man, and can do much more that Hilde, Sophie and Alberto could ever realize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment